Monday 17 October 2011

Anne's Banana Bread: The Recipe

This is one of my favourite recipes, I've not posted one for an awfully long time so I thought, "why not re-launch Cookies and Blush with one of my Mummy's creations?".

I love making this, it's simple (which is ideal for little old me) and tastes great even if you burn it a little. Fantastic for using up those bananas which may have browned a little - don't chuck 'em!!! They can be put to good (cakey) use!! 



Ingredients: 

- 3 Large Eggs
- 5oz Sugar
- 3oz Margarine
- 8oz Self Raising Flour
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Pinch of Salt

Method:

- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon to soften and a spatula to make the "creaming" (lol) easier!
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Using a small bowl and your standard fork... mash the bananas into chunks. These need to be big enough to see... no making baby food people! 
- Add the mashed bananas to your sugar/egg/margarine mix and fold in.
- Gently add the self-raising flour, no need to use a sieve - we aren't fancy! 
- Drop in the pinch of salt and mix one last time.
- Add the batter/dough/whatever the mixture is called (you can see I'm an expert right?) into a small bread tin. I use a silicone one as it's easier to extract the cake once baked! 
- Gently bake in the centre of your oven for one hour at 180C.

Voila!!! 

You have one mean looking banana bread! How does it taste? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*