Saturday 21 May 2011

30 Before 30


I've been meaning to do this for a while. I'm constantly saying "one day, I'll do that" or "one day, that'll be me!", so I thought I'd write all these silly trivial little things down to form some kind of a challenge for myself.


30 is currently 9 (and a bit) years away, plenty of time to get saving and start crossing things off my list. Many are probably far too big for me to complete, but I'm going to try my damn hardest!!!


The lovely Sofia has created her "30 before 30" list too, I found hers after I'd made my own list and thought it was too good not to share - check it out!!




  1. Visit New Zealand - I have family there who I'd love to see.
  2. Read War and Peace.
  3. Finish EVERY Jane Austen book.
  4. Accept a marraige proposal.
  5. Complete a religious studies degree.
  6. Own that brand new car I've been coveting for a LONG time.
  7. Get promoted and land my dream job.
  8. Buy a "proper" house, with a garage, a garden and a cat flap.
  9. See the Northern Lights.
  10. Run a marathon.
  11. Buy a pair of Louboutin's with my own hard earned pennies.
  12. Enjoy a full spa day with no distractions or stress.
  13. Learn how to make pasta from scratch.
  14. Overcome my fear of needles and give blood - regularly!
  15. Travel to somewhere exotic and secluded, where I can forget about the world.
  16. Learn another language - Spanish perhaps.
  17. Take proper horse riding lessons.
  18. Go to Disneyland and behave like a total child.
  19. Fly first class... with champagne in hand!
  20. Get to my target weight. I'll be able to do it one day.
  21. Own the full Sex And The City box set.
  22. Find the perfect cup for my tea!
  23. Treat myself to some shiny Tiffany jewels.
  24. Travel around Europe to take in the culture and architechture.
  25. Treat Mum and Dad to a posh dinner and break away from it all.
  26. Partake in an early morning hot air balloon flight.
  27. Eat at a Michelin star restaurant.
  28. Grow my own veg - especially potatoes!!
  29. Be the best that I can be.
  30. Be happy.

8 comments:

  1. Great post, i'm going to do one of these soon too.

    Sadie xx

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sadie, nice to hear from you! Email or twekettle the link to the post when you've completed your '30 before 30' - I'd love to see it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! Excellent list Kate and all very achievable, I have no doubt you will succeed :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura :) Hopefully I'll get them all done!!!

    Just noticed I typed "Twekettle" in my last comment rather than "Tweet" - no idea what happened there!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck :) I've been thinking of doing one of these posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisa!! You should write one :) send me the link when you do! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay. I love these lists. We have some of the same goals. I have less time to do them in though :D some of yours are really great and thoughtful. Mine are totally selfish and all about me. Welcome to the postcard swap by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list!! I have the northern lights on my list too; http://avintagejoy.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-list.html I call it my life list and I have a list of ten things each month (10 in 30). Love your blog and looking forward to the postcard shop!

    ReplyDelete

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*