Wednesday 24 August 2011

The World's Most Powerful Women: Beyonce


Those of you who know me will have already realised that I'm a huge Beyonce fan. I've already written about her once here, and have managed to resist writing about her many more times since - I don't want to bore anyone with my sad ramblings!

However, this is different. Who better to start my "World's Most Powerful Women" series with than the beautiful Beyonce herself? As my idol, she was the first on my list.

I apologise now for the picture heavy post.



Beyonce isn't just a vocal artist. Oh no. Add business woman, choreographer, director, producer, perfumista, fashion designer, film star, model, Charity worker, Grammy Award winner, wife and sister to her list of successes. And that's just the beginning.

Throughout her career, Beyonce has received numerous awards and achievements. In 2007, she became the first female artist to be awarded the International Artist Award - becoming an idol for many more millions of fans and artists alike. At the 2008 World Music Awards, Beyonce was honored the legend award for Outstanding Contribution to the Arts. She was also honored with a Billboard Millennium Award at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards, for recognizing her career achievements and influence in the music industry. This is a small snippet of the awards given since she was a member of Destiny's Child!

With a grand total of 16 Grammys and album sales of over 75 million worldwide she's one of the most prolific and successful recording artists around!



Bey, made her runway modelling debut at Tom Ford’s Spring/Summer 2011 fashion show. In February 2011, LA Times magazine placed her at number twenty-five on its list of the 50 Most Beautiful Women in Film. In the same month, she appeared on the cover of the March issue of the French fashion magazine, L'Officiel, in honor of the magazine's 90th anniversary, and in tribute to Nigerian musician Fela Kuti.



Beyonce and her mum introduced House of Deréon, a contemporary women's fashion line, in 2005. The concept is inspired by three generations of women in their family, with the name Deréon paying tribute to B's grandmother, Agnèz Deréon, who worked as a seamstress. The store, which is available across the United States and Canada, sells sportswear, denim along with faux fur, outerwear and accessories including handbags. She also teamed up with House of Brands, a local shoe company, to produce a range of footwear for House of Deréon. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of Dereon shoes - I really would!!


I was lucky enough to see Beyonce on tour last year. It was honestly one of the best experiences of my life so far and I don't think I'll ever forget how awesome her performances were. Especially when she donned the bridal-esque gown to belt out "Halo" - wow! 

Kanye West and Jay-Z also performed and my little sister was completely freaked out by my reaction to this - screaming like a crazy lady I was!! Her alter-ego Sasha Fierce also made an appearance!!

Some people will think that's sad (my sister being one) but the show was amazing and she I think she has the most incredible voice! Pure talent - no wonder she's so successful!













Next year, 2012, will mark the 15th anniversary of Beyoncé as a pre-eminent member of the musical fraternity. When most "stars" these days last around 3 years, this is an absolutely incredible achievement! Proving that she is truely a star!
beyonce says: "I can't believe that I've achieved all that I've achieved. I never, ever would imagine all the things that I've done." - Source: beyonceonline.com

Her 30th birthday is fast approaching but is Beyonce phased? Nope, for her it's not a cause of trepidation but one of celebration. "I am so excited about turning 30. It actually is mind-boggling to me that people get, you know, scared or frightened or 'Oh my God, I'm 30!' it's so old. That's ridiculous. I don't know whether it's because a lot of my friends are a lot older than I am and I always feel young and I can't wait to grow older and wiser and be more comfortable in my skin but 30 is like the best age you can ever be. You're a woman but you're still young and you know, I'm so looking forward to it."

It's just another benchmark in the life of this incredible performer, pop star and woman. So down to earth and caring - with the brain of a complete business woman - just incredible! But maybe that's my Beyonce obsessed mind talking?




What more can I say? She's taking over the world one tour at a time and I couldn't be happier about it!!



Who's your favourite "powerful woman"? I'd love to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*