Monday 21 March 2011

Trend: The "Heavy" Nail

This post is a little out of the ordinary for me... I've been looking at various images and tutorials for a while and just wanted to share a few little bits and pieces with you... here goes:

An art which has been used widely in Japan and China for some time, 3D/Heavy nails, is being favoured more and more in western countries, such as England and the USA, these days. It's becoming popular with celebrities and even local/smaller salons are beginning to train staff to create extravagant patterns and designs. 

Here are some of my favourites... I'm not sure I would wear them myself, but they are pretty darn cool!









Celebs such as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Beyonce have recently been seen donning the "heavy nail" during their shows and other public appearances... 

[Katy Perry]

[Katy Perry]



What do you think of these? Hit or miss?

2 comments:

  1. hit definatly as they are so cute - however not something to be worn by me!

    i love Lady Gaga's bow nail though, thats really wearable and cute :)

    pretty post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!!!! I agree with you, Lady Gaga's nail bow is definitely something I'd wear, pretty!! x

    ReplyDelete

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*