Wednesday 4 January 2012

Butter Biscuits: The Recipe


I do love baking. I mean, I'm not any good at it.. I try my best and I seem to manage a fluke every now and then, this is about the first thing to work properly for me! 
I found this recipe at the weekend and have already made three batches - I've tweaked the recipe a teeny weeny bit - it might not be to everyone's taste but give it a go and see what you think! 

Ingredients:

- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Flavouring



Method:

1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.


2. Beat in the vanilla and the egg. 



3. Add the flour in small parts - careful not to create a flour cloud... slowly does it.


4. Beat until smooth, you may need to get your hands in there to smoosh it all together (technical term for you there). 


5. When the dough is "smooshed" together, remove from the bowl and shape into two discs. 


6. Wrap with clingfilm and chill for around 60 minutes, until firm.


7. Heat the oven to 160/gas mark 4.
8. Dust the work top with flour and roll out each portion of the dough to around 4mm thick.


9. Use your favourite cookie cutters to use up all of the dough. Make as many as you can! 

 



10. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper (or just butter the trays like I've done) and lift the cookies onto it using a palette knife.










11. Bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning golden at the edges. 

12. Cool on a baking rack until you're able to munch them all up!!!!!


Hey, they're a little on the "over-brown" side, but they were lovely!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*