Monday 28 February 2011

Review: Lush Ltd. "Dragon's Egg"



A little while ago I tested out the "Dragon's Egg" ballistic from the wonderful Lush Ltd. I can only apologise for the HORRENDOUS delay in reviewing... to be honest I'd completely forgotten about it until I was trawling through my iPhone images this morning. (Out of boredom) 

Here's what Lush say:

"As you bathe in the whirlpool of vibrant, fiery colour and inhale the refreshing sherbet scent of lemon and bergamot, you'll feel like you're up and away on the back of your own dragon. Citrus oils are known for their invigorating effect on the mind and Dragon's Egg is no exception! Drop one of these baby dragons in the bath for a serious wake-up call on groggy mornings or before evenings out."

And what did Katie think?:

I had previously used half of this ballistic as its HUGE and there's more than enough for multiple 
soaks... I'm sure anyone could manage at least four baths with one of these babies.



Firstly, I find the little pieces of confetti quite strange, when they are immersed in the water they go quite slimy and don't dissolve like the rest of the ballistic. I found myself trying to dodge the little bits of weird stuff throughout my bath! Which isn't easy in a bath full of water, especially when you're body resembles that of Shamu! Water EVERYWHERE

Other than that it was truly delightful. There was even a gold bar in the middle which filled my bath with specks of shimmering glitter! Completely shocked me, but it made the ballistic a million times better!
 It was tricky to get rid of the glitter... took me days to make the little gold bits disappear!



As usual, the bath water looked gorgeous and made the bath somewhat fun and even more enjoyable than usual - if that's possible? My skin felt soft once I'd dried myself off and I felt all pretty due to the sparkles! The citrus scent really did invigorate the mind (and soul - haha), it made me more alert and awake which was exactly what I needed at the time... not so good if I'd wanted to hit the sack after though. 



I'm not sure I would purchase this again as it is rather messy, my OCD can't cope with it I'm afraid, however, I would recommend this fiercely to everybody! Go and and try it - it's SCRUMMY!!! 

:) x


No comments:

Post a Comment

*~ Blueberries 'n' Strawberries ~*